Hi again:D Yeah I got the profile thing working! Ok, it has been confirmed... I am an absolute failure with blogs. Go me :( And there I was, happily typing away, thinking
well this should be pretty easy! How difficult can it be, blogging? Don't you just type and press POST and away it goes!
Go figure.
Life is scary sometimes. Everything is going all perfect,
la-de-da happy life except for homework and projects and maniacal teachers who decide it would be fun to see students suffering so and therefore there's homework and projects and test oh wait life's not that happy, then suddenly, something happens and your whole world just flip-flops right over. I'm not talking about you get and F for chinese or something, but something like, your grandmother gets cancer, things like that.
Because when someone close to you's life is threatened, even if they survive, something becomes really clear. You realize that life is not about winning, not about losing, not about getting full marks on a test and the only reason you did so was 'cos you stayed up late last night to finish it (cursing teachers the whole time), not about being the most respected member of soceity (hehe), not about being rich or looking as glam as Angelina Jolie, or about making a good living and being rich, nothing like that at all.
You realize that everyday that you live may be the last. I know everyone's said that before, but when something happens, it just really hits you in the face. And then you realize that the point of life is to be happy. Just before you die, are you going to think
oh! I'm rich, famous, popular, yeah me! or are you going to think
am I happy with the life that I lived? My feelings, my emotions, did I experience joy most of the time? Enough of the time? We only live once, right? So why do we not live the way we want to? Why do we always try SO BLOODY HARD to be rich and to do well for tests when that makes us stressed out? Let's do some math over here (however bad mine may be, bear with me) we, or lets say me, 14 years after coming into this world, and not including the first few innocent years of 'babyhood' (let's say that's 5 years), so out of 9 years, I have proably spent at least 5 years worrying or being stressedor soing thing that don't make me happy. So if the average human age is say, 70, out of that 70 years, about 37? years are spent unhappily. That's half our lives. HALF OUR LIVES. That's a huge waste of time being unhappy.
When I say happy, I mean truly happy. Maybe there's even less then half of our lifetime.
Why do we care being the best? Human nature, yes. But it's all wrong, I think. We try too hard to be the best in all that we do, but are we really going to care about that? WHO'S GOING TO?? Ok, fine, you mat be respected and praised and wowed, and you feel happy. But that only comews AFTER. It's probably about 1/10 of the time you spent sloggingsloggingslogging.
I'm not trying to say that we shouldn't go to school, shouldn't study blah blah blah. I don't know HOW to live happily, if school is considered unhappy. If I think of something, I"ll let the government know. But I can't right now, because I really don't know HOW to live so happily if school is so stressful. All I know is that we have to love, to hope, to enjoy our lives. We work hard, yes, do projects, study and all the things we're supposed to do. YEAH. But while doing it, we should enjoy ourselves. We don't have to get the toptoptop marks, we can get around average, or above average. But we don't have to spend all out time trying to be the VERY BEST. There are better things to do with that time.
Like enjoying our lives.
~Fin~
logout;.
{/.7:17 AM}