Just to state a very important point here... The Lord of the Rings does NOT, and I repeat NOT, have homosexual references! There was a newspape article saying that lotr flirted with homosexual innuendoes, that would be the relationship between Sam and Frodo, especially in the last film.
First I'd like to make one thing clear. I am in no way against homosexuals, or gays or lesbians. That's totally fine with me, 'cos people should be who they want to be. I don't really care whether others are gay, or lesbian or straight. Whatever. Doesn't bother me.
What bothers me is the fact that the soceity are forever looking out for any slight indication of homosexual references. Or incest. You know, when Angelina Jolie and her brother were said to be erm, in love
in love kind of thing. COME ON. They're close! It's sweet! HMPH. WHY WHY WHY do people have to go out of their way to make EVERYTHING seem homosexual?!
Anyway, LOTR does NOT have homosexual references. It's a strong, close friendship! Alright, maybe it sounds a bit wrong, some of the lines in the movie, but it is a 110% not homosexual! Many people think that they are gay, and thus all those slash fanfiction stories, but come on people! Why make everything homosexual!?! Why make everything lesbian or gay!? (okay maybe not everything and everyone, but you get my point.) Yes, everyone has their own perspectives, I respect that, just making a point here.
Forgive me if I may seem insulting, or rude, or mean, or bias, or am generalising, but this is the way I see it. And I don't mean to insult anybody here. Just to point out something. Many people, the society, have fixed their minds on everything being gay or lesbian. When two people are close, even if their of different sexes, you think
Oh they must be doing it (that was a line from FRIENDS btw:D). When two men, or two woman are close,
OH LOOK THEY'RE HOMOSEXUALS. Ok, so some men are close. They're supportive of each other, when the other is hurt, they cry and stuff. And people say they're GAY. Because they care for each other. WHY?? Friendship is the key here, people. I don't know why people see things that way. Maybe they think that men should be tough, shouldn't cry, should punch each other on the shoulder suavely, and when they are hurting (cos men hurt too, you know) they shy away from each other, punch them in the shouder, all cold and emotionles
You'll be ok dude. Too touchy-feely eh? Crying, getting all emotional. I don't know. I"m not a man. I have no intention of being a man. For all those males out therewho read this, sorry if I have insulted you.
I don't know. I guess today's society is different. Friendships are not the same as they were before. I have no effing idea. Just a speculation because the fact that everyone says that LOTR has homosexual references piss me off.
So sue me.
~Fin~
logout;.
{/.6:14 PM}