I just thought of something. I was searching for lord of the rings websites last december, because, well, I was bored (something that actually happens to students). One particular website had pictures of the actor's eyes, so you could guess whose eyes those in the pictures belong to. It (for some absurb reason, another one of my random thoughts) occured to me that maybe if we studied the eyes of a person in general, then that is something that could tell you a lot, about that person. Ok, I know, sounding a bit like a busybody right now, but maybe what I mean is that the most vulnerable part of us is the eyes. It makes sense, sort of, because you can control your facial expressions, what you say, your body movements, etc, but you cannot hide the truth in your eyes. Maybe you can lie, and hide the expression in your eyes, but I think that if you stare at a person's eyes for a long time, you can look into that person. Another vantage point of wearing glasses. :D
In a way, your eyes are like windows. You know there are the normal windows, that you can see in and out of, and there are those tinted windows, that only the person inside can see out, but others cannot view what is inside? Maybe it's the same thing with eyes. And even with those tainted windows, you can still see an inkling of what is happenind inside. Need I say more?
The most prominent feature of the human body, really, is the eyes. Seriously. Eye contact is really sometimes very freaky. If you stare for awhile at someone's eyes, just keep staring, or someone does that to you, it's uncomfortable. Then you do all that shifting, and that moving, and that losing eye contact, clearing your throat, hoping that they will become distracted and move their gaze away from yours. Why? Is it because we feel naked? Exposed? There has to be a reason for our tenseness (is there such a word?), and the fact that we do not wish to remain in eye contact with that person. Maybe we get the feeling that they can see into us, through our eyes, down the twisting, winding, turning passage into our heart and soul.
But then again, is it what the eyes itself say, or the wrinkling of skin around our eyes. Because, really, our eyeballs are just clear orbs, and there really should be nothing there. All those quotes, like 'desire/sorrow/laughter in their eyes', are the emotions really IN the EYEBALLS? Or is the emotion expressed by the crinkling of skin, the expression of our face?
But in a way, it does sort of make sense, that eyes can tremor with such emotion. Maybe the fact that they are supposed to be clear balls, that at first glance seem empty, somehow enhances the fact that they are filled with such emotion. I'm not sure how to explain this. It's like, somehow, ironic in a way, that something that is so common and 'samey', that everyone has, is one of the few things that sets us apart from the rest. Does that make sense, in a twisted sort of way?
Speaking of which, my dad's friend said that woman can sense people staring at them. If you stare at someone sitting at another table or something, unconciously, their eyelids will start to flutter. It's like some inner sense or something. It's true too. I tried it out on my friend. :D
Anyway, I'm trying to find pictures of me without glasses. Or anyone without glasses for that matter. Why does everyone wear glasses nowadays?And those people without glasses, they keep tilting their heads! Oh yeah, another point. Why do people tilt their heads during phototaking? Ahh, looks like I have to take a picture of myself, and post it another day. :(
:Dwhee. (this is the end of this post:))
~Fin~
logout;.
{/.12:22 AM}